Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cups



I found this recipe while searching for "decadent" on FoodNetwork. This looked easy, and it was, even more so the way I made it. And great! The original recipe calls for you to cut wax paper and use muffin tins, but I was too lazy and made it in mini disposable shot glass cups. Still cute and yummy!


Takes about 40 min to make
Serves 14 mini shot glasses or six full size portions

 F U N D A B B L E R   F A C T 

Legend has it that the truffle was created by accident in the grand French chef, Auguste Escoffier in the 1920's. 


I N G R E D I E N T S  

Chocolate wafer crumbs (from Oreo Cookies or chocolate wafers) - 1 1/2 cups fine
Butter - 6 tablespoons melted
Fresh Raspberries - 1 small box
13 mini plastic shot glasses (3 oz each)
Raspberry Jam - 1 generous tablespoon (I added this)
Heavy Cream - 1/2 cup
Chocolate - 8 oz bittersweet (I used 80% the recipe calls for 70%)
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon


 I N S T R U C T I O N S 
Use a fork to mix together the chocolate wafer crumbs and butter. Make a crust in the shot glasses. Place a raspberry in the center of each crust 

In a saucepan, bring the cream just to a simmer over low heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate in a bowl and let stand about 10 minutes to melt the chocolate. Add your teaspoon of raspberry jam and stir some more.

While still liquid, poor gently over prepared crusted cups.


Fill the tarts with the truffle mixture. 


Smooth the tops, add a raspberry, and refrigerate!
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts