Lazy Lasagna




This is one of the first recipes I ever made. I think the first time I made this I was in 8th grade. I thought it was great. I still do honestly. Really I'm a sucker for anything with broiled cheese on top. Cheese makes everything better for me. YUM! Now that I know how to cook more than just pasta and sauce from a can topped with cheese I have added a few more facets to the recipe that make it a bit more well rounded flavour wise and nutritional wise. 

This has become my "lazy lasagna" dish. It's the same ingredients just a LOT easier and quicker to make. 

This is also a freezable dish so you can make this, portion it in little foil take out dishes and place in your freezer to pop into your oven and bake on a rush. Your own frozen food! Just a bajillion times healthier!


FUNDABBLER FACT
Ricotta and Parmesan are 2 high protein cheeses, less gult. :) YUMMY!



INGREDIETNS

Your choice of chunky pasta (I like Cavatappi, rigatoni, penne etc.) - a big bag (900) grams but I ended up using only 2/3 of it. So depending on the bagging of your favourite pasta brand you need a total of at least  675 g (about 1.5 lbs, maybe more but not less) 

Grated Parmesan Cheese - 2 cups
Grated Mozzarella - 600 grams (about 21 oz, about 5.25 cups)
Ricotta cheese - 1 small tub (about 425 grams)
Garlic - 4 cloves crushed/finely grated
Dried Oregano - .5 teaspoon
Dried Basil - 1 teaspoon
Dried rosemary - .5 teaspoon ground 
Salt and Pepper to taste

Spag Sauce - about 1 tub of yogurt or an extra half a tub more if you like your pasta super saucy)
or
use a good low sodium marinara pasta sauce. If doing so you can use it as is (vegetarian) or  I add about a half a pound or pound of ground meat (beef, veal, lamb your choice and adjust the meaty-ness to your desire). It makes it that much better. If you have some frozen (as I suggest in the For the love of Cooking- Must haves in the Freezer) it will take very little time for you to get a great meal on the table.

NOTE My recipe is not very saucy and very cheesy.. adjust accordingly

Serves 6-7
Takes about 1 hour to make

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat your oven at 350 F.
Cook your pasta to directions, drain and add back to the pot. 



While your pasta is cooking mix in your spices/herbs and garlic with your ricotta cheese. 



Mix in your spaghetti sauce with your pasta.



In an oven safe dish (I use a 8x12 Pyrex) layer half of your pasta and sauce then top with half of your ricotta and half of your cheese.



Then add the rest of your pasta with sauce with the rest of the ricotta and the rest of your cheese. 



Place in the oven for 30 min then broil until your cheese is nice brown and bubbly. Be sure to watch the broil. I really have to put the timer on otherwise I burn the cheese every time. 



Take out of the oven, let it sit a bit so that it cools and settles. (about 10 min).



Serve and Enjoy! 

Comments

  1. That looks so yummy! (pasta/cheese fanatics over here...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts