Juicy Turkey Recipe - part 2 of 2


Juicy Turkey Recipe - part 2 of 2


Ok so this is the recipe I use to have meat and a lot of veggies. I hide all sorts of crazy things like apples and kale in this recipe. I love it. I prefer the part 2 of this recipe because I have less "baby sitting" to do over my meal and it's easier to get a bunch of other things done while it's cooking in the oven. This freezes beautifully too. This recipe makes a big batch, I put it in a big pyrex and bake it. We eat about 1/4 of it and then I freeze it for quick healthy dinners when I just don't have time. 

I used the same recipe as the part one with a few variances to show you how you can add different veggies into this recipe and still make it work.


Serves 8-10
takes about 30 - 50 min to make

FUNDABBLER FACT


INGREDIENTS

Ground Turkey - 3 lbs
Bell Peppers - 2 of any color choice medium in size (the size of your fist each) or 1 gigantic
Parsley - fresh (1 handful) dried (2 tablespoons)
Onion - 1 large
Garlic - 5-6 cloves
Green apples - 2 (I used organic w the peel)
Kale/Spinach - 2 cups fresh or 1 cup frozen
Turmeric - 1.5 tablespoon
Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
Cumin - 2 tablespoons
Salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

Add all your ingredients EXCEPT your turkey into the food processor.
That includes: 
Belle peppers


Onion and Garlic


Apples, ideally green and organic 


 herbs and spices


Then the kale OR spinach


you get this:


Then add this to your ground turkey



Bake with a foil on top until liquids are almost gone. (takes between 60 - 90 min)
then uncover and you can place on broil to brown the top of your meat.



I take it out and cut it at around 45 min so the sides get a bit more golden too. It's a turkey version of Kabab Digi basically (with hidden veggies)! 



Serve with your choice of grain (rice, couscous, millet, quinoa) and you don't even need veggies because you have them in your meat.  I added some BBQ ed  sweet potatoes (marinated in rosemary, olive oil and fresh pressed garlic) on the side just because its YUMMY! 



Serve and ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts